A very capacious 6 passenger enclosed Limousine by Thrupp and Maberly Coachbuilders.
Ordered on September 9th 1938 by A.E. Ward Esq. of Tadworth Surrey and delivered on December 2nd 1938.
She is one of only nineteen identical bodies by Thrupp and Maberly (she is number three and seventeen have survived. By an extraordinary co-incidence the same build number and survival rate as our 1953 Mulliner Limousine).
On May 27th 1941, she was placed into storage for the duration of World War Two at Regional Agency and Storage Co. St. John’s Wood North London.
In November 1944 she was owned by Mr. Galliers Pratt of F. Pratt and Sons of Halifax Yorks. By the end of the 1950’s she had served as the directors’ transport of a further two engineering companies in Bradford and Birmingham.
By the 1980’s she was in New Hampshire U.S.A. initially in private enthusiast hands and then in a small museum.
Returning to the U.K. in 1988 she then moved on to Belgium. fortunately, we were able to repatriate her to the U.K. and undertake a full restoration to return her to her original condition.
Now completed with Old English White leather interior, grey Wilton carpeting, Burr Walnut furniture trimmings, occasional seating and a sliding division, a capacious and elegant car, perfect for that special day.